Well the boy has finally come. After struggling so long with a name we decided on Joseph Gabriel and will call him Gabe. He was 8lbs and 5oz and was 20 inches long. Everything went really well with the labor and wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. I think the epidural wore off towards the end so you might notice in one of the pictures after birth where I do not look too happy. It is because I was in A LOT of pain. It wasn't the labor part that was painful. I was more sore afterwards. Anyways our little boy is doing great for the most part. He has been tested 3 times for his biliruben level has been going up. (The poor guy had to keep getting poked in his foot) It got to be high enough where we are having to treat him with photo therapy. It is going ok and Gabe is doing really well with it. I was worried that he might be fussy because all he can wear is a diaper and has to be constantly in the light. We have to go get him tested again tomorrow. I hope it goes well. We love are little guy and so excited that he is a part of our family!!!
7 comments:
Congrats! I am so happy for you guys!. Your little guy is sure cute. I am glad everything is going well.
He is SO cute! And I bet you're so happy to not be prego anymore. We need to get together for lunch or something when you're feeling up to it. Let me know. love you!
Lindsey, He is adorable. It almost made me cry just looking at the pictures. I am so happy for you. I wish I could be there to see you guys. Leighton had a little jaundice too, but they made us strap him to a bilibed which looks like a baby straightjacket. I am glad you don't have to use that. Let us know if we can do anything to help.
Hi- this is Mary Kathryn. Congratulations on your new little guy. He is so precious. Good luck with everything.
Oh my word, he is so stinkin' cute! Glad everything went okay. Hope you are adjusting well. Congrats!
Hi Lindsey!! I just saw that you commented on my blog today and I was so excited! You had a baby!!!! He is so cute! And I love that name! It is one of my favorites. Were you pregnant when I was still in Utah? Or did you not know yet?? You should call me or e-mail me sometime!
Lisa
He is so stinkin' cute!
Post a Comment