October 30 was a very busy day for us not to mention that it was Gabe's second birthday! The day started with the Halloween Half Marathon. I finished my last race of the year. Out of all of the races I have done I would have to say that this was the toughest. The first 5 miles were downhill. A lot steeper than I had ever trained. At the end of five miles my thighs were burning. I did not think I would be able to finish but I did and I had my fastest time ever. Luckily the rest of the course was flat. Joe and Gabe were there to cheer me on at the end!
After the race we came home put Gabe to bed. When he woke up we took him to McDonald's (He loves going there) for dinner. He loved every minute of it especially playing around at the play place. When we got back, we got him ready for Trick or Treating. I will have to say Gabe made a cute Woody. He stuck his cars in his candy bucket and was ready to go. (He would not leave the house with out them. )When we first went out it started raining. Luckily after about 5 houses it stopped so we were able to stay out a little longer. He did very well the entire time and was very excited about all the candy he got. He had to show Grandma and Grandpa when he got home. This was a very long and exciting day for him. Needless to say he slept very well that night!
Since Halloween as on a Sunday and every one celebrated it on a Saturday, we decided we would do a family celebration on Sunday instead. We didn't do any thing too big. We had a family dinner and cake and ice cream. I think he was happy in the end.
Still Around
8 years ago




4 comments:
What was Joe for Halloween? And, Momma did not like the fact that you were willing to wear that TN shirt for this race and not for the 5k ya'll did together. I told her you don't wear regular shirts when it's so hot outside, you're afraid of overheating. I think she understood. And! I still can't figure out how to make your blog show up on my dashboard! It still doesn't want to show it!
Yeah it wa 30 degrees when I started the race. I had arm warmers. Eventually I got too hot and took them off.
He is so darn cute! I miss him saying, "Jenny Moppitt"!
The cake looks great! I liked that one much better then the others you showed me!
Yay for Lindsey! I love seeing you complete races. It motivates me BIG TIME! Gabe is still cute as ever. I love that he packs up his cars wherever he goes...sounds very familiar...it must be a boy thing.
Post a Comment