Well what has happened since I last time I blogged? Joe did not win his competition but he really enjoyed doing it and learned a lot. He was so glad to get home and get some good sleep. At the beginning of March Gabe came down with the croup. It was a bit scary to go through and it was even worse seeing him so miserable. We were able to get a steroid shot from the doctor and Gabe finally was able to get some sleep. Luckily it didn't' last too long and he was able to get back to normal.
Joe has been busy like always, especially since the semester is coming to a close. I don't think I could say or express enough of how proud I am of him. He has worked so hard! Looking over the semester, Joe ended up with about 30 credits. I don't know how he did it! He is awesome and We sure love him! We found out that Joe was offered and internship with a company called Kiewit. He accepted the offer and we just found out that we will be able to stay here in Utah. YEAH!! He is excited but nervous at the same time. I know he will do well. He graduates on the 30th and starts the internship May 3rd.
Before I forget, last night I was going through some of our mail and I found a letter from Utah Valley University. I figured it was a bill because usually that's always what it is. I was a little worried we hadn't paid it. When I opened it up it was a letter to Joe telling him that he was receiving an award from the Construction Management school for most outstanding student in the program. I called Joe to ask him if he knew (The letter was dated the end of March) and he had no idea. Way to go Joe! They are having a banquet on the April 22. I am so sad because I will be in TN. His mom is going to go with him and take pictures for me:)
I am staying at home taking care of my sweet little boy. He is so funny and always brings a smile to my face. He is talking like crazy and he has started eating on his own. (with silverware) He loves to do it. He does get frustrated at times when he can't get the food on his fork or spoon but we help him and then it is ok:) I can't believe how big he is getting!! He goes in to nursery (at church) in 2 weeks.
I have been running like crazy to train for my 1/2 marathon. It is next Saturday. I leave for Tennessee next Wednesday. It will be nice to visit with family. I hope the race goes well and that it is not too hot! If this race goes ok I plan on doing the Utah Valley 1/2 marathon as well.




5 comments:
I'm so glad you finally posted! I like the Easter and Valentine's pics...I haven't seen or heard about those days. Oh, this might be me, but it was dang hard to read the words on your blog, maybe cuz they're too little? I don't know, maybe I need reading glasses.
the kids got the croup last year, it was terrifying b/c I didn't know what it was, but I read about it in the what to expect for the first year book, (it was in the middle of the night) SO i took O in the bathroom and turned on a hot shower, then I took him outside in the cold, that really helped a lot. I just stayed up all night with him. It was bad.
So, so so so CUTE! I love the "BIG BOY" picture. Congratulations to your hubby on his outstanding achievements.
I love hearing how much you love being a mommy.
Way to go JOE!!! That is SO AWeSOME!! You deserve an award for taking 30 credits alone, in my book! Getting an award for most outstanding student as well, that is spectacular!! We love you Joe!!
We love you too, LU!! :)
So fun to see updated photos of Gabe! He is so cute and it will be great for the two babes to play together. We are so excited to see you all soon!
Post a Comment