Monday, July 7, 2008

Geocaching

Well, we went geocaching the other day. If you have not heard of geocaching before let me tell you what it is. You get a GPS and look up the coordinates online of these little "caches", and then the fun starts. The GPS is great, it gets you closer and closer, until you are only hundreds of feet away. Holding the GPS out in front of you you move in on your prize. 400 feet away, you alter your directoin a little, 300 feet away, you fine tune your course a little more, 200 feet away, you are getting so close, 100 feet away, you can not wait to get the prize inside of the "cache." Soon you are no farther than 10 feet away, you think to yourself, maybe I can see it from here if I just look around a little. 2 feet away, and the excitement is bubbling up, you don't know what will be inside this little container, but you know it will be something good, and then all of a sudden the GPS tells you that it is 15 feet away, yet you have only moved 6 inches. You think to yourself, it must just be right here. As you look around you realize there is NOTHING there........
If you find that as anticlimactic as I do, than geocaching is probably not for you, however, If you enjoy getting your hopes up for nothing, finding nothing, and wandering around like a fool holding the GPS in front of you like a compas than you should probably try this wonderful thing called geocaching.
Actually it is a little better than this, but the first 2 times we did it, this was exactly how it ended up. We finally did find some that were still there, and were able to sign the log so others will know that we were there, and at some of them we were able to find prizes, granted you have to replace the prize with something you brought (if what I brought was better than I would just leave what was there in the "cache") but it is kind of fun, if you find it.

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

If you can't tell Joe wrote that post. I practically had to drag him out to do it. He was like this sounds so stupid. I knew he would like it more once we got out and tried it.

SERAPH said...

Linds!!!!
It was SO good to see you the other day. I'm glad we bumped into each other. You look SO cute, prego. We need to get together and do lunch or something ASAP. (And I'll keep you posted about Tuesday.)

Brittany said...

Why are all your words black, I can't read them b/c of the background. I wanna go w/ yall sometime, that'd be fun!

Lindsey said...

They shouldn't be black. I have a background that works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't.

Starla said...

Hey- post another pregnant picture soon!

Jenny Lynes said...

It's so funny that I could totally tell that Joe wrote that post! I could hear his voice as I read it! It sounds totally fun! I wanna go! How do you figure out where the "caches" are?

Lindsey said...

they have a website where all the caches are and then you just download them to your GPS system.