Saturday, May 14, 2011

Joe's Birthday

The weekend before Joe’s birthday I surprised him and took him to St. George for the weekend! My wonderful sister-in-law watched Gabe for us! (THANK YOU JENNY!) It was nice to get away from the cold weather. We spent the first day going to Snow Canyon, going to dinner and a movie. The second day was probably the highlight of the whole trip. We rented 4 wheelers for the whole day. I think we were out there for about five hours. We went out to the sand dunes, saw some dinosaur tracks and just explored. It was so much fun! The only bad part from that trip was I was not thinking and forgot to put on sunscreen. I got really bad sunburn! It hurt to move my arms for a good 2- 3 days. I have never got that bad of a burn before. Needless to say lesson learned! We went to dinner that night and we both were so exhausted we went to bed when we got home. Sunday when we woke up we stopped at the St. George Temple before we left. It was a great trip and I am so glad that we were able to go.
Joe’s actual birthday he had to work all day so Gabe and I took him to Magleby’s (his favorite). I think it was the first time we took Gabe to dinner with us. Yes, we have been spoiled by living with my in-laws. They are always so nice to watch Gabe for us. They happened to be out of town and all the babysitters had church (it was a Wed. night) so we took him a long. It was an adventure but it wasn’t horrible. We came home and had cake and ice cream. I hope you had a great birthday Joe! We love you!





Joe was too scared at first to go down this (it doesn't look as steep in this picture) hill. I had to show him how it was done. Then he was able. I was like his little test rat. Not sure if that is a good thing.
Dinosaur Track

Joerauntasaurus




I took this picture for my phtography class. I had to take a picture with a slow shutter speed.

2 comments:

julie said...

Um, I'm a little embarrassed about the Joerantasaurus photo. I don't know that guy. No, he's not my brother.

Ha ha! Happy birthday, Joe!

One Happy Family said...

Wow Lindsey, you are a daredevil on that 4-wheeler! Cool dinosaur track. Looks like lots of fun!